Thursday, July 17, 2008

8 mile ride

Yesterday I worked at the second furthest store from our house. It's about 8 miles, round trip. In an effort to not spend money and not be wasteful of the gas we'd just put in our tank, I decided to ride my bike into work. I had butterflies in my stomach before leaving in the morning and my guts were twisted all day in anticipation of the ride home.

The ride there was pretty tame. Down some hills, up some inclines. Nothing too hard or strenuous, although I did arrive to the store sucking wind. It took me 21 minutes to get there. The ride home was a bit more daunting. There were hills (one of which I had already given myself permission to hop off the bike and walk up) and there was heat. My face was flushed for quite some time after getting home. That ride took just under 30 minutes. Not too bad, if you ask me.

Kev was pretty proud of me. I was, too.

So today I am getting picked up by my coworker and we are going to look at Spring/Summer 2009 styles at our reps house. He will cook us lunch and it will be wonderful. After that we head back to the office where we are meeting another rep. All in all, it will be a fun day...although maybe Kev and I will have to go on a bike ride tonight when I get home. I did lose .8 pounds yesterday. :)

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

good thiing yer a WiiFit Pro!

ii got tiired jes' readiing your post!

uugh, thiinkiing of those hiills and valliis.

;)

good on you!
*peddle peddle peddle*

b

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Way to go! Sounds like you made good time :)