Sunday, June 15, 2008

some tidbits

Last night:

Jess and Erik (who have the Wii Fit I played last week) tell me my Mii is sleeping. Because I haven't been over to their house to play...Shanniqua is taking a nap. That bitch.

We had Jess and Erik over for dinner last night. We took the backyard tour and got to this bush. Erik promptly took a photo with his phone and sent it to his dad. We'll see. They tell us his dad will know the scientific name of it, so we may have to google it to find the common name. I just want to know what it is. Jess does, too. She wants to plant one in their yard. I don't blame her. I want to take a bush out that is blocking it from our line of sight when we are on the patio.

I mean, look at its amazing flower. It came off that bush and we have no clue as to what type it is. The flowers are these fantastic architectural structures. When they are closed they look like little tents almost. And then they pop open and it's magic. I really hope Erik's dad pulls through with the name.

Today:

I am going to a Strawberry Festival in the Mountain Grange my friend, Jenn, grew up near. We've gone a couple of times, but had to miss out last year. This year I almost had to work, but then the girl I was covering for told me it was not this Sunday, but next. Huzzah! Sadly Kev has to work, but he's got stuff he needs to work on so it almost is for the best. Hopefully it will be quiet and he can get much done. I will be buying a flat (or splitting a flat with Jenn) this year because I loves me some strawberries!

Tomorrow:

I will spend the majority of the day cleaning the house in preparation for Wednesday's Knit Night. Since there are more women coming, we will probably hang out upstairs. Plus with it being so pretty now (please, continue being lovely outside...) it will be nice to have some natural light to knit by.

Now:

I am going to finish my toast and drink my coffee before heading over to get Jenn and Dugan. I'm excited to spend the day with them.

2 comments:

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

What beautiful flowers! I hope you find out the name of that bush :)

Hope you had fun at the Strawberry festival!

Unknown said...

That is a nice colorful flower, but I have no idea what it is either.

It's funny having other peoples' Miis on our machine and then you "see" them playing in the games.