Saturday, June 28, 2008

and she was

My parents are having a lovely vacation in France and the surrounding countryside. They left their dear Hazel at home to be tended to by their friends, Gale and George. When my parents left for their trip, Hazel wasn't doing all that grand, picky about what she would eat, not getting around as well as once before. They figured they would have the hard decision to make upon their arrival home.

Hazel had other ideas.

This morning she was laid to rest. The Vet and my parents have been communicating via email and he indicated she was now beginning to suffer. That was all he had to write.

Fuzzy Bunny originally started out as my sister's cat. She was an insane kitten. She was full of mischief and got into everything. Mom and Dad were only to watch her for a short time. Fast forward something like 14 years and Hazel-rah has finished her life where she was always meant to be. I thank my sister for giving Hazel the life she did. She was spoiled, loved, always had a lap to sit on.

She was the angel my mother needed all those years ago when first diagnosed with the Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. She'd sit next to Mom, but not on. She would simply be. Comforting by just sitting near.

I love you my little Hazel-rah. You will always be in my heart. Thank you for taking care of Mom and giving Dad someone to brush.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tribute.

Dad

Adrianne said...

This seems to be the weekend for our four-legged friends to go on to the next stage in their lives. Hazel was well cared for by her human staff. Jebo, who also had to be put to sleep this weekend, cared well for her human pack. Both animals will be missed.

bronxbt said...

oh my goodness! sooo sorry to hear about sweet hazel. as a fellow kitteh-lover, my heart aches for the loss, but celebrates the life!

*hugz* to yer fam!

.. b

Unknown said...

Oh, how sad -- she sounds like a great cat. I never really owned a pet of my own until I got my two dogs and I'm dreading the day that I have to say good-bye to either one of them.

Monika said...

Oh, that would be my worst nightmare. Beina away, when one of my pups dies. It's a lovely tribute to Hazel.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

I'm very sorry to hear about Hazel. How sad :( She sounds like a great cat who had a great life!