Saturday, April 26, 2008

after


Would you like some fuzz with that lunch?

I was going to use this as my lunch bag, but instead I think I am going to shave it (yes, it feels weird typing that) and use it for my knitting bag.

Kevin wants to call it Simon Jr because it's so fuzzy.

You can see compared to the photo in the previous post how much it shrank. I knew it would shrink, hoped it would shrink to the size it did, but feared it wouldn't. So YEA for one thing.

It does stand up on it's own, too. So that's cool.

As for Flight of the Conchords, I already knew of them, but Kev just brought home the cd they just released and it's rekindled my love of them. Gail, I'm sad to say that Matt's favorite song is not on this cd and it makes me sad...he must have the ep. :) Tell him, good choice! I love that song.

Dinner calls.

6 comments:

k said...

It turned out great! I kind of like it fuzzy though. :)

Sadly, my exboyfriend did the same thing to his wool Navy sweater. It shrank at least the same amount, if not more. He was 6'4" and ended up with a sweater that was far too small for even his little niece.

I can't wait to see what else you felt now that you've gotten your feet wet (so to speak!)...

Jack K. said...

For some very odd reason I fail to comprehend, the term "fuzzy caterpillar" just popped into my head.

Will the handle still work?

tee hee.

Fuzzy lunches. Hmmmm

Monika said...

Lovely colores you used for the bag. I'd like to see how it looks like shaved. That's one thing I don't like about felting stuff, the fuzzyness, but then again, sometimes it's charming. Why do you not like it for your lunch bag anymore? Is it still too big?

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

It looks great! I'm glad it shrunk down to the size you wanted. One of my felted bags come out fuzzy like that too. After I took the scissors to it, it looked just fine :)

Dr. T said...

Looks awesome. But my favorite part of the picture are your feeties donning the Smartwool saturns. ;)

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks like two completely different bags! Now, how do you "shave" a bag -- with scissors or really with a razor blade?