Sunday, December 02, 2007

really? it's sunday?

I am so confused when it comes to what day of the week it is. You see, working retail has not afforded me the luxury of being able to have set days off. Well, lately. There once was a time I had Sundays and Mondays off and it was bliss. Kev had Mondays and Tuesdays off then. We'd hike on Mondays, making them OUR day. We'd turn off the phones, take Josie hiking, just spend the day with one another. It was really blissful (perhaps I mentioned that earlier?).

But the beast that is retail (and new jobs...not recently new, but newish) makes it impossible for the two of us to have those Mondays back. He has three days to pick from, Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday. In any configuration. So he either has split days off (Sun/Wed or Sun/Thurs), or have Wednesdays and Thursdays. He doesn't want to work the entire weekend, when most of his friends have off. So he chose Sun/Wed as his days off (have I lost you yet?).

Wanting to have a day with him and a day with friends, I decided to take those days off as well. I am not enjoying split days off. I must admit. But here is the dilemma. I either give up my solo day with Kev (Wednesday) and take Sun/Mon again OR I give up my one day that I can do something with friends (Sunday) and take Wed/Thurs. I don't want to not be there two days of the week. Sundays are not for working. Sundays are also not for hiking, though. Too many people out on the trails.

How I long for the Monday hikes...

But tomorrow I work. Tomorrow Kevin works. Tomorrow Josie sits at home. So today I will enjoy my day at home solo (yes, I know Kev should have off, but he's got to work 6 days a week during the holidays).

No comments: