Wednesday, December 26, 2007

the day as it was

We woke up around 8:00 yesterday (well, Kev got up a bit earlier to feed everyone...first present of the day for me). When he was done taking Josie potty he came back to the bedroom and asked if I wanted to go open presents. I answered with the need for a cup of coffee first. He laughed and said his mom always said that. I knew I loved her!

We gathered our gifts in front of us and took turns opening. We are quite civilized around this house. We loved everything we received. Thank you all!

I have to say, though, my favorite gift was from Kev. He knows me well.

The chicken's head bobs up and down with the seconds. It's beautiful. I love the sound of the ticking clock. I'm in love with it. The hardest part now, is figuring out where to place it so I can enjoy it. He had thought the guest room, but honestly, I don't go in there all that often...oh crap, I mean Chloe's room!!! Thank goddess she can't read.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday and it continues through the coming year. We got glorious news this morning. Remember the whole prosecuting thing? You know, I had the post up then took it down? Guy trying to steal Daddy Walter's identity? Yeah, he plead guilty so we don't have to go to trial!!! Merry Christmas to us!!!

2 comments:

tongue in cheek said...

Good news about the trial!
Cute clock, maybe it will give golden eggs? Surely it will mark your golden moments!
Happy Holidays!

PlazaJen said...

What a sweet clock! :) I mean the object, not Kev. heh. I'm tired.