Well Josie's appointment went well. We've got blood work being done and are waiting to see what the labs tell us.
Dr. H thinks that it would be worth it to start her on Phenobarbital, but we'll wait until the results are in from the lab and after Kev and I have a chance to talk. She said that yes, it will make her dopey and possibly uneasy on her feet, although she has met a few dogs that it did not have that affect on. In a few weeks after starting it we should see her return to her normal self. We'll have to put a gate up on the stairwell leading to the basement, just so she doesn't fall down while we are not home.
We are waiting until she finishes the round of antibiotics and antihistamines she's on for her skin condition that won't. go. away! Dr. H said that she's read of cases where allergies have caused seizure activity, but she's never had a case. Can we say we'd like to be that case? If we get her skin issues under control and she doesn't have any seizures, we'd wait a bit longer to start her on the Phenobarb. If she has one, and her skin is clear, we'll start her...no questions asked.
Thank you for your support and loving words. Josie is my very first dog. She's spoiled me for any other dog we will have in the future. She's been easy. She's been trying. She loves me with all she knows. And I love her more than that.