Wednesday, August 22, 2007

on being awake

I just can not sleep. It started with my now normal having to use the bathroom, but it escalated into full fledged wakedom. The air is still tonight, so even with the bedroom windows open it is rather toasty in there. My brain is functioning at warp speed, but has nowhere to go so it keeps stalling out in the middle of thoughts.

I don't remember when I was last this exhausted. Thankfully I have the next two days off work, although searching this city for our next house, as fun as it will be, isn't going to be easy.

So I get myself out of bed and come to the computer. I peruse all my favorite knitting blogs, sad that 95% of my stash is bagged and boxed up at my dear Jill's house. Not that I'd knit anything tonight, but the fact that I can't see and touch it makes me sad. I am working on a couple of things. One still being one I can't talk about because that person sometimes reads this ol' blog. The other is a mystery. I don't know if it will turn into a scarf or a bag of some sort. I'm kind of leaning bag, but honestly...don't think I'd carry it. I love the yarn, it's pretty rad, but it's not a bag kind of yarn. I think more that it would be a cozy scarf, but I only have two balls of it at 50 grams a ball and it's about 10" wide. I suppose I could frog it and make it narrower, but it feels right at that width. I just don't know.

Maybe now I can sleep? I hope. Otherwise it is going to be a long day...

2 comments:

Jack K. said...

Those nights do creep up on us all from time to time. I hope the sleep dragons find you at an opportune time. When they do, give them about 20 to 30 minutes. You will be refreshed and ready to go.

Caveat: don't try this while driving or operating machinery. tehee

Sleep well, my daughter.

Love,

Dad

Dr. T said...

I also have a bout of nightly mind-racing that's keeping me up. I blame the pollen, humidity, the first day of school, and the paper I have due in 23 days. I've spent the last two nights on the couch, so I don't disturb the man-boy.

I wish you the best with the house hunting. It seems like an exciting, though stressful venture. No matter what you find, I know you have the skills to make it your own place. And in the very remote case that you can't, just sell it and make another choice.