Sunday, August 05, 2007

another reason

I love my dog.

It is 3:00 AM. Sassy (dog next door who is outside most of the time) starts barking and barking and barking. She stops after about 5-10 minutes.

Josie gets up and lays by my side of the bed.

It is now 3:30 AM. Sassy starts up again. It's not an aggressive somebody is trying to get into my yard kind of bark. Just a bark for barks sake. I yell her name out the window. She lets one more out and then stops for the rest of the night.

Josie, just lays there looking at me.

I love my dog.

2 comments:

Monika said...

Our dogs don't bark during the night, if they hear a neighbourhood dog bark, but they will bark if somebody walks by our house during the night, that is, when they don't snore to loudly to hear anything. They didn't bark the 2 times somebody broke into my sons car. It was always a stormy night, maybe they really didn't hear a thing.

Unknown said...

Sometimes, my dachsund will bark if he hears the slightest noise and sometimes just because. It drives Ted crazy, and we're currently in a debate of whether or not to use a mild shock collar on him.