Friday, May 25, 2007

woke up dreaming

I've not dreamt and woken exhausted in quite some time. Last night broke that draught. I had a dream that I was back in college. It was the first day and I had looked at my schedule prior to leaving my dorm room. I left it there, sure I would remember all of my five (!) classes I was to go to. Between classes I realize this is not going to happen and I'm an idiot for not bringing my schedule. I have ten minutes between classes that are across campus from one another. To top it off I am wearing black patent high heels. I'm swearing to those around me that they are really comfortable as I am screaming through campus trying to make it to some Female African Art class.

I think I need a nap.

Thankfully there is nothing pressing to do at the office and so I am working most of the day from home (I went in to capture images of the clogs I had to list at our site today before coming home). The painters should be here soon to paint the eaves. I might bust out the sander and finish the door I started a couple of years ago. Yes, the front door. It's red, but splotchy. Sabo, the painter, offered to do it for me, but I told him I had started it so I had to finish it. I think it made him shake his head a little (we were on the phone so this is just a guess).

No comments: