Sunday, April 08, 2007

nothing like the smell of death

...in the morning.

We occasionally have a mouse in our house (I know many now are saying "If you have one you have hundreds"). Anyway, a couple of times we've come home to our huntress (aka Chloe) playing with her catch (thankfully death has always overcome the mouse...and I always thank the mouse for giving its life while entertaining my cat). Twice we've found them simply dead of natural causes in our laundry closet. One we knew because of the stench (did I mention this post is not for the faint of heart?). The other we had no clue because it was winter and cold in there and without the heat of summer...you get the picture.

So this morning, it's back. Someone has died in our house. I'm pretty sure natural causes because Chloe would have brought us her prize had she had anything to do with it. I just don't want to be the one to find the corpse.

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

okay.. well.. um... *shudder*

ewwwww

happy easter to you and yours..

hugs
B

Persico said...

Maybe you should train Chloe as some sort of hound dog, except she only smells out dead mice.

(I really wish the plural of mouse was meese.)