Wednesday, March 14, 2007

better than sleeping pills

On Sunday we headed out to our friends house to get some squishin' in on their baby, Henry. Oh, we also watched KU basketball. Henry was a bit fussier than we've ever seen him, but it didn't make me want to squish any less. His Mom is always ready for me to hold him and as soon as I walk in there normally is a baby thrust into my arms.


After the game was over (with KU winning in overtime) we all sat around and chatted. I had finally gotten Henry to sleep (it seems as though standing in the bathroom with the fan blowing is key at times) and decided to sit down. He is a warm little baby. Warm and heavy. Those two things in combination normally mean sleepy time for me. Usually it's a cat that is doing the warm and heavy lounge on me. This time, a sleepy baby who would whimper a bit here and there and make me smile.


So I give you, nap time with Henry...
I am glad that Mom took the picture. It was a sweet moment that I just love.
I seriously can't get enough of this baby!

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

maybe you could rent the kid for a bit? i hear that's doable nowadays...

giggle

Jack K. said...

What a lovely picture. Henry and his folks are lucky to have you in their lives and you are lucky to have them.