Wednesday, September 06, 2006

yoga/knitting...


YARN HARLOT!!!!

So, Wednesday nights are usually all about yoga. I meet Jill and Diana's house and we practice and enjoy and have a great time. Today (Wednesday) was the day Stephanie Pearl-McPhee was going to be at P0wells talking about her new book and doing a signing. Had I thought of this last week, I'd have suggested to the girls we do yoga another night this week. I'd not thought of it.

I got a call from Diana today and she indicated that she was going to have to rain check yoga. She had some things to work through and even though it pained her to have to use our class time, but she needed to do it. I called Jill and let her know. Then I emailed Kev to ask if he'd mind picking me up from Powells. :)

I got much done on the scarf I started after I finished the sleeves.

I was laughing the whole time. It's fun when an author whose writing is funny is funny in person. Often times I will listen to the authors speak about their writing

4 comments:

PlazaJen said...

ooooo you lucky dog! Looks like you got a good seat, too! Maybe I'll see YOU on HER blog! Did you hold the sock?

Jack K. said...

Glad things worked out.

No such thing as coincidence. lol

shannon said...

I don't think you will, my camera was on zoom. I was about three rows behind that blonde. :) It was so much fun though! If I see myself, I'll poach her photo and circle me to share. I didn't get to stick around after she spoke so I sadly did not get to hold the sock...I'd hoped to, but people pretty much mobbed her after for the signing and the people at Powells working were pretty confident they were going to get to go home at 9:00 (she finished speaking at 8:30)...so they really were kind of jerky. :)

bronxbt said...

always a pleasure to meet authors and/or at least get to hear them speak. many are often intraverts and disdain readings or book signings... the cool few are not.

:)
B