Saturday, September 09, 2006

i'm pretty sure

That someone stopped time. I've been at work for just three hours, but it seems more like three days. Saturdays are always like this. I think it's because it's my final day of my work week, but I couldn't swear to that idea.

I've got 16lbs (yes POUNDS) of fabric to take over to Jill's tonight to play with. She and I are hemming ourselves into a state of craziness for my sister. Julianne and David (yes, he did help) picked out the most beautiful fabrics for table clothes for their wedding celebration. She was talking about getting it all hemmed, etc. I offered my services to hem/serge/etc. and when she thought about how much 16 table clothes would cost her to hem compared to the cost of shipping, she jumped at the idea. Although she asked me several times if I was sure I wanted to take on the task. Jill said she'd help (I asked her for the use of her large, hairless floors and her suggestions. I also said if she wanted to help she could, AND it could be her gift to my sister and David). I love my best friend! There is something so satisfying about playing with the most beautiful fabrics after sewing on nylon banners last week. Yummy silk just is decadent and wonderful.

Speaking of decadent, any ideas of things to make, foodwise, for a party I'm throwing Julianne I'm calling Showered? It's the post wedding/pre party bridal shower brunch. I'm thinking Mimosas and Bloody Marys for drinks. We've got cream puffs with real vanilla filling. I was thinking a fritata of some sort. But, I was also thinking more hands only food so I will not have as much to was afterwards. Although, it really doesn't matter if I have many dishes to wash that afternoon. It allows me time at their house with Oscar (the bestest boy dog EVER...with the exception of our dear Edgar here in Portland).

Maybe I'll cruise around epicurious today and get more ideas.

Off to eat my drunken noodles with my fingers (I forgot my chop sticks at home...I suppose I could use my knitting needles though). :)

5 comments:

bronxbt said...

goto target or wallmart...
get one of those fondue maker thingess...
you can do chocolate dippers, cheeze dippery-goodness items, or take some cooking oil and do lil' carnivorous meats or pre-breaded veggies and such and go nuts!

jesta thought. everyone's doing it...

:)

B

Jack K. said...

Knitting needles are an all-purpose field expedient.

Go girl.

No food ideas, yet.

Perhaps your mother can be of assistance.

Amanda said...

Want my recipe for the tartlets I used to make for Lins' brunches?

PlazaJen said...

Frittata sounds great.... I think there's even some that can be made ahead in a crock pot, or at least the night before & just pop in the oven. Just make life easy and do cheeses with crackers, a soft cheese dip and/or regular dip with veggies, piles of grapes & strawberries & fruit, maybe some nice chocolates to go with the cream puffs..... mmmm, cream puffs. That way all the other stuff is prepared & you can also enjoy the festivities!

shannon said...

thanks, you four, for the suggestions. i think i am going to do mander's tartlets instead of the quiches. and look into the fritata idea. i do like the cheese fondue suggestion, b, but i am not going to either, A buy my sister a fondue pot or B travel home on a plane with one. plus with so many people there, it might just be too messy/difficult for everyone to get some. i love the suggestions though!!! i am going to ask mom today when i speak with her, dad.