Saturday, September 02, 2006

this weekend


I've been a busy bee since beginning those sleeves. I've near completed them. Looking back, I wish I'd have taken pictures of them along the way, at the different stages and places they'd been (ala Yarn Harlot). Ah well, hindsight they say. There were only a few spots I made small blips, but honestly, I really have learned to love each and every mistake. I tend to remember where I was when they happen, and those memories bring a smile to my face.

I'm rather smitten and already want to make another pair for dressier occasions. This is what I will accomplish this weekend, or at least that's the plan).

And B, your socks are just going to have to wait. I have to learn how to make them first and the first pair is MINE! :)


10 comments:

bronxbt said...

oh sure. hooooold the mighty and all powerful sock rule of "mine first" ove ma' head.. er... foot.

you still rule.
sweater looks awesome so far!

:)
B

shannon said...

B- who said anything about a sweater? I've got three inches left of the right sleeve and they are done. Simple...sleeves.

Oh and I have to learn how to make socks too, wouldn't want the first pair to be all goofy (as firsts of things I make tend to be) and going to a friend. I like to work out kinks and such on things for me before making friends and family things. :) You understand, I'm sure!1!

k said...

they look really great shannon! If it was ever at all chilly enough here, I'd ask you to build me some sleeves for sure! However, it is unlikely that they would do anything but lay across the back of my chair and look purty.

Nice job. And I love the comment about the blip-love. I feel exactly the same way about my scars! ;)

Persico said...

That is the cutest thing dot ever.

And I hate the short bolero jackets.

shannon said...

Thanks Kerri and Shari! The front view needs to be shared, but I am waiting for A. a good shot to be taken and B. for it to be done to attempt that good shot.

And I am not a fan of the short jacekts/shrug things either...but sleeves, I can get behind!!!

Adrianne said...

They look really good. I like that color on you.

PlazaJen said...

the sleeves look awesome! WTG!

shannon said...

thanks sis and jen! They are now, officially, OFF. THE. NEEDLES!

I wore them all night last night at our friends house. It was a nice enough night to not need the a/c, but these two love their a/c...but I was prepared! :)

I'll get the front shot soon!

Jack K. said...

You do good work. They are gorgeous. I liked the look of the yarn when you showed them to us on your visit.

Just think, we will be able to see them in person in October and November.

You might want to make an exception on the sock rule for bronxbt. He would be the perfect person to get the first effort. Who knows, each sock might be different in size, but only slightly. lol

Just a devious thought. yuk, yuk.

bronxbt said...

well, you know what they say about big socks right?

:)

no?
hmm... me neither...

durnit...

giggle

B