Saturday, September 02, 2006

rituals

Every Saturday I wake to my alarm at 7:00. I get up and feed the crew, letting the diggity out to go peep, before I jump in the shower and begin getting ready for my day.

Saturdays are my sacred days. I go into the city an hour early and sit at my favorite coffee shop while knitting happily away. The other regulars and I chat and have a lovely morning before we all press on to the rest of our days. Dan, works at a gallery. Mike and Nancy are just coming from the gym and have the whole day to play. Dylan and Ricky, well they work at the shop so they are staying behind. It's my little slice of heaven each Saturday morning.

I usually get a ton done on my knitting. I'm about 6 inches away from the end of the sleeves now. The boys are very sweet and ask me to show the progress I've made by donning the sleeves for them. The others all smile and give me encouragement to continue.

I love my Saturday mornings, even when they lead me straight into my work day.

4 comments:

Jack K. said...

What a sweet way to get yourself centered and focused for the day.

shannon said...

It really is an amazing way to start my day. This morning the sweetest lady came in and said to me, "I know I'm in the right place if I see you sitting on the couch." She loved the concept of the sleeves and just made me want to give her a hug.

Persico said...

It's fun to work in a close knit coffee shop and being able to see how the regulars become a permanent fixture.

How opposite lives connect and bloom.

One of the many reasons why I love my job.

bronxbt said...

remind me again where my socks or knitty-squiddy are again?

hrumpf!

:)
hugs,
B, wifee *who'd like a pair too, and mr puddins