Saturday, August 05, 2006

update for the sake of updating

There really isn't anything thrilling happening here. I mean, I go to work, Kev goes to work. We meet at home and hang with the animals. Some nights, we go to visit with friends at their homes. Some nights, friends come to our house. It really seems boring when I write it out like that, but it's a blast!

I guess the most exciting news is that my sister is getting married in September. She and her fiance ("Has anyone seem my fiance? I've seem to have lost my fiance.") are getting married with only the witnesses and themselves. Then in October, both sides of the family are getting together to celebrate at a party they will throw. I've already gotten the outfit planned for that party (I know you were all wondering). I am hoping it will be warm enough in LA in October to be able to wear the sandals I am planning on, Julianne says that it will be.

Mom and I have had such a fun time talking about it and comparing notes as to what we know. So far, we've known just about as much as each other. I'm sure we both wish we could be there now to help Julianne pick out her dress, among other fabulous things, but we're happy that we are in the loop, so to speak.

I've even already made plans for who will take care of the critters. Josie will be going to stay with my yogi and her boyfriend (Diana and Lawrence). The cats will have our friends Shannon and Kiley come feed them. I usually like to have someone stay at the house, but that list of friends has dwindled. Everyone is either living with their husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend and don't want to spend the weekend away. I suppose that says what type of people we've surrounded ourselves with. A reflection of us?

So there it is in a nutshell, nothing exciting (although I've made GREAT progress on the sleeves). I will be going to a yarn store tomorrow to pick up a ball of yarn she ordered in for me. Thankfully, SAME DYE LOT!!! At least I'm excited. :)

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

i don't know shanny,
it allll sounds pretty nice to me.

;)
B

Adrianne said...

Hooray for same dye lot!!! See, I get excited over that too! Looking good Sis.