Tuesday, August 08, 2006

glorious weekend

I am sad to go back to work today. This weekend was filled with friends and laughter and greatness.

It started Saturday night at my dear Amanda's birthday party. I met my beautiful friend through a mutual friend. I can't imagine living in Portland and NOT knowing her. Every time we go to Amanda's house for parties and what nots we are always surrounded by amazing people. You can feel how much she loves her friends and how, in turn, we love her back. She throws a mean birthday party where her guests are never left wanting anything. It was that night I was reminded why I love her so much. She is real.

After her party we zipped by our friend Jeff's house. His wife, Dayna, and baby, Cash, are out of town. His first night. He was loaded. :) He wasn't so drunk on actual beer, but I think the combination beer and no sleep for the past couple of months. We didn't stay too late, but made plans to go back the next day to grill out with him. Josie got to go too, so Shae and she were happy to get to hang.

Sunday I went over to Close Knit (read favorite yarn shop in town!) and picked up some yarn for a few of the projects I've mentioned here before. I also figured out what patterns I am going to knit two of the yarns up into. I spent a couple of hours there knitting on the sleeves (which I knit on at Jeff's the night before and ROCKED!). It is now almost up to my elbow!!! Don't worry, I'll take photos soon. After knitting there with Dave (another customer who'd come in for some assistance) I headed home where Kev was getting ready to take Josie on a walk. I ate lunch while he was gone and then we headed to the grocery store. Nothing thrilling there.

We packed up Josie and went to Jeff's where the boys grilled and I knit. It was a gorgeous night and we sat out on the deck for much of it. We ate the best dinner ever!

Monday came and I had some projects around the house to do. I called Jill to see what she was up to and before I could even say much she was saying she'd love to come over and watch me paint my nails. :) She was here about 45 minutes later and we putzed around here for a while. I tried on the outfit I am thinking of wearing for my sister's party in October. I tried on the new swimsuit bottoms I got with the top she fixed to get her opinion about the look. Kev got home and the plan of going to the store and heading to Jill and Mark's for a grill out commenced. Shrimp burritos. OMG! Dad, I'll so share the recipe over at the site soon!

So yeah, going back to work today, not that exciting. Although I can't wait to show Becky (my friend I met on the bus) how much I got done on the sleeves!

2 comments:

Jack K. said...

Glad to know things are still exciting in Portland.

I look forward to the recipe.

bronxbt said...

wonderful post. sounds like an absolutely fantastic weekend.

looking forward to see those elbow shots.

giggle