Sunday, August 27, 2006

toe-mate-ers

I've harvested my first batch of Besser tomatoes this morning! I've not eaten any yet, but Kev said he popped one off the plant the other day and his knees went weak it was so tasty. I think just looking at them I can tell they are going to be amazing.



I got a whole pint of these little beauties! Since we are going to our friends house for a cookout today, we will hold off and share the goodness.

One of my favorite things, after picking the 'maters, is the way my hands smell. Fresh and clean. We have one Roma that is ripening and all of the Oregon Spring (I kept calling them Oregon Sweet) are still green on the vines. They are gorgeous though and will be worth the wait!

7 comments:

Jack K. said...

you do good work--farming and photos.

Persico said...

Seriously, will you two adopt me?

I'll even bring my dog.

bronxbt said...

i'm with shari, and although she'll likely get dibs, i have a doggers and 3 cats...

and of course, i have the extreme luvins for roma-goodness...

i'll be neat, i promise.

:)
B

PlazaJen said...

Pretty! They look awesome. Ours are about done/dead what with the horrid heat. Enjoy!

Jack K. said...

Remember our admonishment about taking in strays?

ROTFLMAO

Anonymous said...

Mmmm ... favorite summer dish - tomatoes and onions chopped roughly, feta cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper ... in a big bowl, center of the table. Everyone eats out of it ...

(Seems kind of gross when I write that out ...)

shannon said...

dad- learned both through Mom and yourself (and yes, I remember your talks about taking in strays).

shari- You are my sister.

Bronxbt- Um, yeah, with that many critters you can be a distant cousin. LOL ;)

Plazajen- I was so surprised when you told me we were eating the last of the bunch. Ours hadn't even begun ripening at that point.

Otto- Not gross in the least. Some of my favorite meals are shared that way!