Monday, August 28, 2006

right below

This is the Platte City Water Tower. You're wrong if you think that is the way you say it.

It's a source of many giggles for me and various friends who lived or grew up with the commercials for some random car dealership that would have the guy say they were under this magnificent landmark.

My parents were driving me to the airport and as we passed it, I couldn't resist.

Photoshop has allowed me to play and make it look as it always has in my mind; a big glowing beacon. It really is orange, but doesn't actually glow like it's from the fiery depths of hell in real life...or does it.

6 comments:

Jack K. said...

It is all a matter of perspective. snicker.

I'm sure the folks in Platte City would agree with you.

Miss you,

Dad

bronxbt said...

i'm confused. what's the inside joke? the name? the pronounciation? the color?

do tell.

I'm lost.. which is disturbingly EASY for me...

LOOK! GRASS! *scamper *scamper

FemaleCSGradStudent said...

erm...I agree with bronxbt.

pi-late?
pah-latteh?
play-tee?
plah-teh?

...

I dunno.

FemaleCSGradStudent said...

I think you should add a description of this local color to the appropriate Platte City Wikipedia site

shannon said...

platcitywarertarer

Persico said...

I truly enjoy your bright pictures as of late.

But for some reason they make me hungry.