Wednesday, August 09, 2006

SURPRISE!

So, only a few of you have been in the loop. The reason being, you all are loud mouths and I can't trust any of you. Nah, that's not true. I just couldn't say anything here because before a few hours ago, my Mom had no idea I'd be in Kansas for the next week. Her birthday is Friday. Back before all the shit hit the proverbial fan I had the desire to come "home" to see them. Then, it was decided for me.

She was so surprised. I decided to iron my skirts that had been packed since Monday. She walked into the house, I stood there ironing, and she stopped in her tracks, almost dropping everything in her arms. I ran over to her and hugged her. It was beautiful!

Tonight we are going to dinner to celebrate.

One thing I noticed last night as I was taking the first of my red eye flight...many parents and young kids. At first I was a bit annoyed, but then they all slept. One started getting fidgety before we were landing, but that was really nothing. I was writing a post in Works to post, but then I can't get my laptop to connect to Dad's secure and locked wi-fi connection. Any ideas, would help! I can't figure out how to make it work. I have the password, but can't seem to figure out where to put it...arg!

Okay, going to go get myself ready for dinner out.

Will hopefully be posting from here a few more times, but you'll just have to wait and see I suppose. :P

6 comments:

FemaleCSGradStudent said...

Usually there's a very long number, called a key, that your computer needs to know in order to access the WiFi. At some point, I imagine your Dad might have had to enter this number into his own computer. If that rings any bells, that's great. Otherwise, I can expound further.

Jack K. said...

Maryann was indeed surprised. It was wonderful to see her reaction.

As for the wifi connection, what can I say? It must be the difference between Macs and PCs.

Go figure.

Adrianne said...

What a great surprise! That is so cool that you were able to go visit.

Dad may have to configure the router for your pc.

bronxbt said...

ya know, in the brief time i've been blessed enough to know many of yer family members and you, i've been amazed at the "family bond" and the tightness you all share.

it's a jealousy thing methinks, and something that I know only to a certain level.

you all continue to amaze me, and inspire me.

of course, that wetness in my eye when reading this post was ONLY due to sleepy-eyeness...

honest.

B

Chickie said...

What a nice surprise! Have fun :)

FemaleCSGradStudent said...

Aw.. boy...the Dad used the Mac/PC card. There there iBook, please don't cry, it's not your fault.

;)

Sounds like a grrreat suprise. Congratulations on pulling it off.