Wednesday, August 16, 2006

sitting at the airport

Yeah, the Kansas City Airport is the only place I've been able to successfully log on with my computer. Funny.

It's always the hardest thing, saying "see you later" to my parents after a lovely visit. Yesterday we had a relaxing day of doing not much. I went with Mom to get her hair done (and see Linda who was my hair stylest growing up). Then we headed home to rest before they went to meet with a caterer for an event Mom is planning for The Old Bastards for Valentine's Day next year. She's having a hoot.

I packed while they were away. With the new rules I ended up having to check my bag, not my normal thing. I'm just keeping fingers crossed that I don't have to wait forever to get it at the baggage claim in Portland (although since I picked a seat at the back of the plane, I'm hoping this plays to my advantage.

I suppose I shouldn't use too much battery now since I want to use this as music on the second flight and it's a good, long one.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who helped keep this a surprise. I also wanted to thank my parents for being them and being so much darn fun!!!

Love you and miss you already!!!

2 comments:

Jack K. said...

We did have a wonderful time. It was a great surprise. My thanks to all who knew but didn't tell.

We miss you too. It is amazing and marvelous that it happens that way.

Thank goodness it won't be too long until the end of October.

Who knows, you and I will be able to celebrate our birthdays and David's then, too. We will do Kevin's and Julianne's in Hawaii.

Chickie said...

It always stinks having to say goodbye. When I go and visit my Mom, I totally dread leaving!