Sunday, August 13, 2006

chaos, fish, and pizza

I headed out to Lake Lotawana yesterday to visit with our good friends. They have four of the most beautiful children. I'd not met the youngest yet, but had heard she was a heart breaker. No lies were told to me.

When I got there it seemed as though a bottle of pure energy had been opened in the room and the kids were bogarting it. The adults all looked a bit tired, but happy and relaxed. I guess our friends head out to their new lake house every weekend. I can see it is a great thing and is really allowing them to do much together as a family.

We devised the plan of feeding the little hellions, going out on the boat, coming home and putting the littlest ones down while the others went fishing on the docks (I got pictures, but my computer still isn't wanting to cooperate with Dad's airport). After fishing, the two oldest boys got bathed and headed to bed. I'm amazed because none of them really fought going to bed. They are great kids!

The four adults who were still there (myself included) then sat around and chatted while Russ and his brother in law Jerry, played poker for "real" money. They were quite funny together. At about 10:00 I decided that with the hour long drive home, I needed to be heading. Russ pulled the "stay, come on stay" routine but I had to break his heart.

The drive home was uneventful (for which I'm happy) and I got home to a dark and sleeping house.

This morning I woke to the sound of "Hon, we're having German Pancakes and they are five minutes until done." I popped out of bed and headed downstairs. After we finished and I got ready for my day I called Gale to see if she had a pot of coffee ready. Sadly she was gone for the day already (I sat and drank copious amounts with her yesterday).

I'm knitting up a storm while here. It's been so relaxing (and I don't have a dog trying to abscond with my yarn at any given moment). My closest friend from high school will be coming to the house today for lunch with her goofy baby. We'll eat and visit and then head to her mother's home to visit there too. Then we're heading to her house so I can see her husband and meet their dog, Ranger. I need some big dog lovin' so I am hoping Ranger is up to the job. :)

That's all for now.

1 comment:

bronxbt said...

again with the marvelousness! sounds like you're having a wonderful time!

yeah!
when you DO get back (dunno that date) Be safe.. travel well.
I'll be off in Vegas for 2 days on business from Tues-Wed... so, we'll see what happens with all the recent flight scares!

oi vey


B