Saturday, July 08, 2006

oh dear doG!

I was completely caught off guard this morning. Not only by her being there, but her being their when I opened. I assume she heard the "work downtown Saturday" bit, but on the "Noon to four" part. There were two times I told her to back off when I was working with a customer and she was trying to add her two cents. I wasn't too shy about telling her I had it. She responded well though and backed off. She didn't seem upset or hurt by it either. I just think she is so eager and wanting to please us that she'll listen, but only do about half of what we ask her (or have to be told in small, simple steps).

So if it all goes according to my plan, I'll be working Mon-Fri starting next week. I approach Ahmed tomorrow with the grand plan. I think that NOW is the time to have the two girls who just started work together on Saturday when it's still slower. Summers are always slower, not sure why.

Just got home from having a beer and some lovely nibblies at The Gladstone Pub (aka The Stone) and will be making that a regular haunt this summer. Okay, off to read one of the TWO magazines I got today!!! What a great way to end a rather annoying day. :)

Cheers!

3 comments:

Persico said...

(I hope the pub is run by Joey Gladstone.)

shannon said...

yeah, shari, you've just outted yourself as a full house watcher...crap, i just did too. :) nah, haven't in a long time. kev googled it cuz i knew the name sounded familiar.

bronxbt said...

ummm... pubby goodness.

where's our invite?

may jes hafta travel on down to portland sooner than later if good pub fries or chips are on the menu.

Ummmmmrgle!

:)
B