Thursday, July 13, 2006

the littlest fruit

I got home last night from yoga to find Kev sitting out back. There was evidence he'd attempted to start a fire but was unsuccessful. This made sense because it'd rained pretty much all day and the wood was probably pretty darn wet.

We spoke of our days and what all happened and didn't. Then I said, "I wonder when we will start seeing tomatoes on our three plants" (we have a roma, besser and oregon sweet). Kev said, "We have some already."

And sure enough, we do!

I can't tell you how excited I am that little Ms. Roma is starting to produce fruit. There is nothing more tasty than your own, home grown, tomatoes. I am hoping that Mr. Besser and our Little Oregon Sweet are soon to follow in her footprints.

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

you say ms tomato,
i say ms tomatto...

hmmm... that doesnt' read funny, but trust me, it is...

eep!

PlazaJen said...

I love tomatoes..... ours are starting to really crank up & into production. Cherries, grape, romas, slicers..... JWo is making homemade pico de gallo tonight & I could eat six cups! :)