Tuesday, June 06, 2006

you help decide

Which of these two patterns do you like the best?

A. is from Dogs Steal Yarn

It is a cute little wrap around sweater that she says is an easy on kind of deal. Very simple, rough around the edges, and oh so sweet. I am thinking of a sage green color for either boy or girl options. I also was thinking the i-cord tie would look sweet in a stripe, like Mr. Monkey's jaunty scarf from the post earlier. (I must say I rather like the background behind the sweater named the Yoda Sweater)


B. is from Knitty.com

This is a darling little button up sweater with three buttons at the top. I have found a great site for wooden buttons. I am thinking the same sage green color with wooden buttons. I'm NOT going to do any of the other options shown at the site. I'm not for the snakes all over my child look. I don't think the friend I'm thinking of making this for would go for it either. It's a bit more finished looking, so to speak, which is quite lovely in contrast to the Yoda Sweater before. But it's not so futzy that mom and dad wouldn't think to just grab it as an easy sweater to put on their *critter.

(*for some reason, i've taken to calling babies, critters. their heads are called beans)

I think I know which one I will do first...but suggest away (colors as well as which pattern)

9 comments:

k said...

hm. how very interesting. I was just thinking that I should force feed you Stacey McPhee's book, name of which I can't currently recall and am too lazy to look up, when I clicked the link for the second sweater, and lo and behold! She designed it. It's fate. I was going to suggest the second one anyway, just cos it might be too easy for restless hands to undo the tie on the first one, even though I do like it better.... anyway anyway.

I just got home from work and am too brain fried to suggest colours. But seriously, read her book. It's funny as hell, and I'm not even a knitter.

k said...

er.....Stephanie. Dunno who Stacey is. lol

bronxbt said...

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

no, i did not stutter...(studder?)

A


and in case you didn't follow that, or need to check your hanging chads:

A

giggle

PlazaJen said...

My vote's for B. In a Rowan denim cotton. How cute would that be? (Actually, that yarn for either sweater. A is a cute sweater, too.)

shannon said...

Kerri- have checked out her blog, and looked at her books at amazon...funny lady!

B- um, just because it's title is Yoda Sweater is my guess you are sooooo gung-ho about it?

Jen- have you ever heard or knit with either Butterfly Super 10 or Mission Falls 1824 Cotton? Just curious how those two yarns are (both are the ones the creators used and I'm curious if any of my knit friends have tried either).

Adrianne said...

I like the first one best, and the sage green will be really good for either girl or boy.

bronxbt said...

i would trade it all for a squiddy.

bronxbt said...

okay okay - never even SAW the name Yoda on it.

i jes like the fact that if the lil' whipper-snapper is being a pain, you can kinda "synch-em up" and keep 'em still.

giggle

Jack K. said...

A looks good. Your choice of color will be the correct one.