Friday, June 23, 2006

randomness

Okay, so all too often when I see families running around the city together I see kids carrying bottles of soda to sip on. It generally makes me sad to see them consuming so much sugar and calories (I'm amazed how much those drinks can pack in them). Just now, saw a lovely family walk by my store. The son...drinking water. Those parents, doing something right!

Next

My arms have begun speaking to me again, but my legs are still holding out. They aren't sure they want to go in the directions I am asking them to. Standing from sitting, still not their favorite motion.

Next

My boss is stuck at one of his stores. He had someone call in sick. This is the same someone who's given her two weeks notice. It's a beautiful day out. S'all I'm sayin'.

Next

I am getting to make Cheshire Cat hats. I went and got the yarn this morning while I had a coworker here with me. I got the sweetest pink and purple Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. I will probably make them similarly to the hat I made for Augusta. Straight across the top with tassels.

Next

We bought a firepit. We've had one fire in it already. It will be lovely for evenings with friends. We are also feeling the drive to work on the patio. All in good time. I will share photos as we complete the next phase of the backyard clean up, redo.

Next

I am now out of things that have been swarming around in my mind. I just want to get home so I can get some hats on the needles...

3 comments:

Jack K. said...

Well, I guess we know where your mind is, on cool things. Hats, patios and fire pits. Woot, woot.

bronxbt said...

good on you sunshine!

We are in the midst of our entire backyard redo. a slow project her sure. Koi pond has been doubled in size, that that's led to the slate -vs- fake stone/concrete debate... used one of those cool molds you can get at Home Despair and tried the mold technique... COOH looking but still bland.

we'll build a patio out of something when all is said and done, expand it to out along the side of our L shaped house, then use it to finish out the Koi pond and finish in a big circle that will serve for OUR FIRE PIT that we've not yet purchased but want soooo badly.

I, too, will share pics, but for now, roast a marshmallow for me, eh?

hugs.
B & mr puddins

shannon said...

yeah, dad, not sure why now...during our heat wave...i'm making winter hats for babies, but that's what i'm doing.

b- i can't wait for the patio remodel to be done here too! we'll have to get together at both places to compare work! LOL