Thursday, June 22, 2006

namaste

The summer solstice has come and gone. We welcomed it with open arms, extended towards the sky and sun as if to grab onto each ray that caressed our bodies. We bowed down to it in thanks and admiration. Without that beautiful sun, we simply would not be. 108. Some were free form. Others, practiced in synch with my best friend. All were lovely and thoughtful.

Arms, tired.

Psyche, rejuvenated.

We discussed the number 108. It holds much meaning, as my dear friend FemaleGradStudent noted in my comments yesterday. Some of the most intriguing and amazing things were: 108 earths could fill the space of the sun. The earth is 108 times the suns circumference away from the sun (I think it was circumference). There are 108 stitches on a baseball.

And one we did not discuss...I will be casting on 108 stitches when I start my sleeves.

3 comments:

Jack K. said...

Namaste!

Dad

Persico said...

I love finding numbers that hold so much meaning... though I can't imagine the feeling of the body after 108 salutes. You are my hero for that.

bronxbt said...

i thank the people in my life at least 108 times a year for being dear friends, loved ones, associates, bloggervillians, and people who have taken the time to leave an impact on my world.

so.. thank you.