Friday, June 09, 2006

again, it's all about friends

We had an impromptu grill night with our friends Kiley and Shannon on Wednesday night. We always enjoy sharing time with them and they have become more like family than just friends (most of our friends are that way really). Anyway, they'd just gotten back from a trip to Idaho where his niece was graduating high school. While there Shannon attended a baby shower for Kiley's sister. She'd been sent emails about it, but to her account she doesn't use anymore. Oops. So, she ran around and bought baby type things to give her sister in law.

I had been thinking of making another newborn hat with the green and blue yarn I have leftover for my friend (the one who is also getting a sweater) and decided that I would make it and let Shannon send it to her sister in law. Is it odd that I fell into a bit of a funk when I had nothing on the needles and nothing in my head as to what the next project was going to be? Was it funny when I knew what I was going to do next, but sad because I have to wait until after we get paid on the 15th? (the whole changing jobs thing, payday changing..must watch the $$ for a little...and the first two weeks of every month is fun because it's mortgage, car payment and a few other bills...all of which say they could change the billing date, but it just is so hard and then we get double billed...blah blah blah).

So, I've got a little blue and green had on my needles. I am happy once more. I tell my friends Shannon and Kiley, thank you.

4 comments:

bronxbt said...

shanny,
you might want to consider finding out when car payments and such charge interest on those accounts.

one way to lighten the stress load of those 1st 2 weeks of the month is to stagger payments. as long as the final "completed payment" is made on the appropriate due date, then the interest could be less and less each time becuase you've made an initial 1/2 payment a day or two against your balance beforehand.

this may not be feasible for you 2, but a great idea to spread payments out within a month so as not to weigh down and cause undue stress during those precious first few weeks of each month.

something to consider. not only do you actually pay things off faster, but you can spread the love so you can share the relief in not having to "watch" things as closely.

especially the all-powerful-yarnage needs you have...

;)
B

Jack K. said...

B, has a great idea about double payments of half. Ask the lender what they can do for you.

I bet you can get that newborn hat done in quick order and everyone will be pleased and impressed.

You go girl.

Love,

Dad

shannon said...

Thanks B! I will ahve to look into it. I do have crazy yarn needs...it's an addiction, I swear!!! The really crappy thing, tonight I have to walk RIGHT BY the crack house to get to where Kev is meeting new work buddies.

Dad- I always have my knitting with me so...always knitting when the situation allows.

Amanda said...

OK wait. I know I've fallen off the face of the earth during crisis month... I mean year... but new job? We need to talk - I didn't know anything had become final... did I? Oy.

We need to catch up, huh. Sorry I've been so far away!