Sunday, June 11, 2006

let me tell you 'bout the birds and the bees


Well, we have had birds and we have had bees (not in THAT way you guys!). The birds, we'll keep. The bees...well, their fate wasn't so nice.

We've been doing a bunch of work on our backyard. Trying to move things around to give ourselves more space, etc. Granted our backyard is rather spacious already, but the shed has always been in a dumb place. Smack dab in the middle of the fence along the left side of the yard. Not in a corner, but middle of the fence. I don't understand the logic of it. Nor do I understand why whomever bought the shed decided upon a metal shed...in Portland...where it RAINS! We'd thought about getting a newer shed, but decided if we can move the current one and possibly paint it with some Rustolium, we might be able to breathe new life into it (without sinking a ton more money into something we'd have to leave behind whenever we opt to sell this house).

I'd hoped to have pictures of the birds, but Josie kind of made sure to scare them and make them fly away for a little while. But, they are the *Common House Sparrow. The male is rather dashing with his black bib on...


Well, just waiting for Kev to get up so we can get going. He's still lazing in bed. I've tried folding laundry on his head (okay, not really on him, but the basket was on the bed). I've even had full conversations with him (which it will be fun to see what he remembers...this could work in my advantage!). I think he'll be getting up soon now. I'm getting antsy and am ready to go. Okay, I will admit I'm not 100% ready to go, because I'm still in my jammies, but mentally I'm totally on the hike already. And I know as soon as I start changing clothes to more day wear, Josie will go nuts. Hmmmm....

nah, that'd be a mean way to get him up.

(*bird in picture NOT one of "our" friends, but a photo found through google)

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

i wanna hike! i wanna hike! i wanna hike.

oh yeah, and i wanna hike!

can we? can we? can we?

puhhhllleeeeeeeeeeeease?

*snerk

shannon said...

B- a spot on impression of our little Josie!

Ginny- the feeder was emptied not by a lovely little sparrow, we found out, but a squirrel. Arg! Josie LOVES the squirrels. We let it get up the hedge a bit before letting Josie out...little shit!