Saturday, June 03, 2006

20% more baby hat goodness


Okay, so I haven't asked my friend Kris if I can share the picture he sent of his daughter (wow, that feels great to say...his daughter! And Kris, let me know if it's okay). It is a little large on her, but when winter rolls around, she'll be a happy baby.

Meet, the Goofball's.


My dear friend from high school had a baby two months ago. I decided that her daughter (that feels really great to say, too!) needed to have a hat* as well. Now, since they live in the midwest she doesn't really need a 4 ply Debbie Bliss Cashmino (or however that is spelled) fingerweight, knit on #3 circulars, CO 112 sts. It's more for winter. It will be perfect for the winter. I am rather smitten with how this came out. I can't wait to see it on her.

Babyblue is working his way off the needles. I think I have a really sweet idea of how to finish him, but I am going to wait and see what the yarn tells me it wants to do. Meanwhile, enjoy the hat...

*Two babies were borrowed during the making of this hat. Neither were harmed. The first was 18 months old, the second was 10 months old.

7 comments:

Persico said...

It's freaking adorable.

Jack K. said...

Thanks for the caveat about the babies not being harmed. I was beginning to worry. You may not know how babies will react around those knitting needles.

lol

Beautiful work, kiddo.

Love ya,

Dad.

PlazaJen said...

sooooo cute! Love the colors!!!!

bronxbt said...

o-m-goodness

i don't have 'em, don't want 'em, but dear gawd if i did, i would adorn them in yer baby-hat-goodness....

still think it's cuter than hell that you say / write goodness all the time.

see? something good came outta meeting me!?

giggle

Can you make one for a dog? can you imagine josie or my madders with a hat!? EEP!

please please please please?

shannon said...

thanks all!

Yeah, those babies are crazed maniacs when it comes to needles. I'm lucky I didn't end up with an eye out. LOL

I thought the colors were so fun and whimsical...perfect for the two babies who both got a hat in the same colorway.

I don't dress my animals in clothing. So the answer is no, no dog hats. LOL And goodness abound.

k said...

omg that's so stinkin cute I can't stand it. I'm with Bronx in demanding (nicely, by stating "please" emphatically and repeatedly) a hat for my Bucket!

Not that we need one here where it's currently about 114 degrees.

FemaleCSGradStudent said...

I kind of wish I was a baby so I could wear said hats.