Saturday, May 20, 2006

second baby hat o' love

I have started the second hat. I am really quite happy to have it on the needles now. I'm letting the yarn tell me what it wants to do, just as the first one did. I know, talking yarn, call the people in the white coats to come and get me! LOL

The first of the hats should be getting to the baby on Monday (hear that Kris?). I ran a track and UPS indicated that it was out for delivery yesterday, but I really think that was wrong. I haven't heard anything and know the instant they get it I might just get an email with a picture. If they say it's okay, I might share it. I am sure that it's going to be huge on her, as it fit on a friends 18 month old really well.

This second hat is going to be quite cute. I can tell already. I've only got about three rows on the needles, but it is going to zip by. When done, I will post, as Augusta's mom doesn't read this (or at least I don't think she does).

I was hoping for a quiet day at work because when work is done, Ahmed doesn't mind if I knit a bit. I've got some recycling to break down, but other than that...not too crazy a day (touch wood). As soon as I put that out there though, I'm going to be crazy busy. Let's see, shall we?

4 comments:

Jack K. said...

I like the idea that you are communing with the yarn. That is quite awesome.

That suggests that knitting helps to keep you centered and focused.

Wow!

shannon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
FemaleCSGradStudent said...

I think you are very clever about how you knit. You knit small, approachable projects that are cute, fun, and quick to finish. I've been working on the same sweater for two years. Maybe I should try my hand at gerbil hats.

bronxbt said...

did I leave a comment that you deleted!? I think I may have, and I can't recall... damn, sorry it was something stoopid... stoopider than my normal stoopid.

hmmm.
maybe it was on jack's site.

hope you and K are well!

B