Sunday, May 21, 2006

almost perfect...thunder

Sitting in the glow of the laptop I am content. I have my big ol' black dawg by my feet. The cats are running all over the house. And Guru is on the cd player. I had a busy day after getting up and taking Kev to the airport. He's gone training. The great thing is, his Mama lives near where his training is so they get to see each other a few times. This also, makes me happy.

Today after Josie and I dropped him at the 'port we zipped by the dog park where she got to bark and chase and run. I was not surprised by the barking, hell the dog thinks she needs to be in charge of everything. But the chasing and running, a bit of a surprise. Apparently she likes her some little dogs. The one today was a corgi/chihuauha mix. We headed home so I could get cleaned up and ready for girls day with Jill. We went shopping. With Kev's new job, Summer really feeling like it's near, and with us not fitting any of our old clothing anymore, I felt we needed a few things. I hope Kev likes the two pairs of trousers I got him and the striped shirt (yes, Mom, he's in stripes!!). I think he will..

Anyway, it was quite a lovely day. After hanging out with Jill at their house I came home to my trio. I logged on and was happy that I got to chat a bit with my dear friend in Gradshittownville. She's someone I met right before she was moving away (3 months prior to her departure, isn't that right?). We used to try to tell ourselves we would be great pen pals, but it never really took off...dammit. I can hardly wait for her to move back because she is just. that. cool! She makes me laugh often and honestly, THAT is what a good friend can do (and I meant honestly as in honestly, a friend that makes you laugh is great as well as a big, honest laugh). Thanks, pal! ;)

The next best thing that could make this night almost perfect...thunder...

4 comments:

k said...

mmmm. Guru.

bronxbt said...

sounds jes like a perfect day to me!

ya know, i was flippin the tv channels a few nights back and stopped on the flick Poltergiest.

the scene where the kids are counting the thunder and lightening... the time between the 2 is supposed to be getting farther away, and yet it's growing closer and closer....

SPOOKY.

normally, yesh, i like thunder, but sheesh

Persico said...

I especially enjoy your last sentence of this post.

Persico said...

I especially enjoy your last sentence of this post.