Friday, May 12, 2006

my mom

So my Dad had posted a little while ago about music and songs that make our hearts sing, cry, rejoice, etc. Right this very minute there is an Enya song playing. Caribbean Blue. That song was playing once as my Mom and I were walking through a mall in Kansas City. We'd just bought a bookcase for my first apartment (it's the one that stashes all my yarn today). I was having an internal "oh my god, I'm not a little girl anymore" moments. We were walking by a store that I would have usually said was piping its music way too loudly, except it was Enya, Caribbean Blue. Her ethereal voice and the haunting tune always takes me back to that very day and just how much I love my Mother. It reminds me how special she is and how important she is to me. We had a scare a good number of years ago and her health was not what we all felt it should be. I don't know if it took that, or just my growing up (so to speak) that made me realize what an amazing woman my mother is. Happy Mothers Day, Mom. I love you.

6 comments:

Jack K. said...

Thank you. I have tears in my eyes.

Love you sweetie. Mom

Jack K. said...

What more needs to be said?

I love you too.

Dad

shannon said...

I love you both so very much and can't thank you enough for everything you have helped me with through the years. I can honestly say that I am a lucky woman to have two parents in my life whom are kind, generous, and amazing individuals. So, is November soon? ;)

bronxbt said...

AH LOVE YOU BOTH.

THERE, MR PUDDINS AND I SAID IT!

DAMNIT. I'M ALONE FOR THE NEXT WEEK AND I HAVE TO SETTLE FOR HUGGING MY PETS NOW.

whimper.

Happy mother's day to you shanny... it counts 'cuz yer a momma to allll yer petz.


Jack? give yer woman a hug for me. if she asks why, jes' tell her mr puddins is feelin' needy.

Adrianne said...

Your mom is a very special person. She took me in and helped me when I needed it. Happy Mother's Day to you and Maryann.

Jack K. said...

November is soon!

Consider it done puddins. Oh, puddins take special care of -b.