Friday, May 12, 2006

day of the doppelganger

Yesterday was an odd day, indeed. People would come in and seem familiar to me, but not as who there really were, but I thought they were someone else. Poor Janice became Siri...then Sumi. Herb was Keith. One woman (whose name I have never remembered) reminded me of another woman (whose name I have never remembered) but whose partner's name I remember so I asked how Allison was...blank stares.

As soon as I realized my foible (yeah, when they looked at me with confusion) I would laugh with them as they would tell me I was close (with their name...how is Keith close to Herb?).

Today, it is Friday. I will be better about remembering people for who they really are (or would that be whom?).

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

s'okay. half the time i look in the mirror and wonder who that dumbarse is looking back at me...

some people are soooo rude.
you'd think he'd know better not to stare.

shannon said...

oh herb didn't stare, the girl who wasn't allison's partner had the blank stares. i didn't take offense because she's usually a little spacy, from what my memory has stored away of her. :) no worries.