Sunday, May 14, 2006

look! something shiny.

I woke up angry this morning. I was having to get up to feed the crew once again. Every morning is the same. Simon walks across our heads, acting as though he is dying, and Kev pretends not to hear (most times that is). I got up muttering things under my breath about always having to get up to feed them (I know, how very passive aggressive of me). Crew fed, Josie let out to go potty, I made a pot of french press and called Mom.

They are in PA right now visiting my Grandmother. Her health is keeping us guessing at all times. Mom said Grandma seemed to have more energy and even though she didn't always seem to know who they were, she was not agitated.

We spoke for about 45 minutes, which is actually a little shy of the norm. They were getting ready for lunch and had to go.

I was going to call my Mamasita-in-law, but figured I should wait until Kev got up and we could both speak with her. She's quite an amazing woman as well. I must say that I have lucked out in more ways than one when I married into her family.

So, instead I cleaned my room. You know the one I'm supposed to have set up for me to do such things as knit, blog, blog about knitting, etc. The one that had become the dumping ground for just about everything (company coming over, put this Shanny's room). I decided to put on good music (Herbie Hancock) and just clean. I suppose I was mean in not really trying to make an effort to be quiet with Kev sleeping in the next room (again with the passive aggressiveness). But he's up now and we are about to get bit in the ass by the cleaning bug. I told him when he's ready, let me know. Until then I have a scarf to knit for a friend whose birthday is on the 24th and she lives in Ohio (I don't think she reads this so...and if you do Reagan, act surprised!).

That is the day thus far. I suppose I will update more later on.

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

shanny goodness!

hello!
sorry you woke up with the grumpmeister feelings.

for whatever reason, i'm extra miserable to be alone this week.

i'm dreading this stressful week and only coming home to the same drama queen animals who meowr or woof like their starving/dying.

sheesh.

hope yer doin' better...

Jack K. said...

We were glad you called. It is always great to hear your voice on the other end of the line.

We were pleased to learn of Kev's new position as the Loan Dude . lol

I'm sure he will be much happier doing a job where he can sit for a while and won't come home reeking of marinara.