Wednesday, May 31, 2006

lots o' babbling

Baby hat #2 almost done. It will be sent wrapped in Xmas paper. It's not really for then, but because it's much bigger than Augusta can wear right now...that's the time she'll probably fit it best.

Baby hat #3 is also coming along quite nicely. I need to get done with the green from #2 so that I can use it on this one. I'm not sure, but I have ideas swarming through my head as to what to do with babyblue.

I have nothing on the horizon, other than possibly a baby sweater (for another friend whom just told me they are preggers...more later as she makes the grand announcement...no, it's not Jill or Chaz...OR ME!).

However, I do want to try making just sleeves. There is a sweater I saw at knitty dot com that I really liked, until I investigated closer and realized I wouldn't be able to wear a certain undergarment. So, I figured I could just make the sleeves. They are done as one big tube that then opens flat to go across the back and then close back up to tube shape for the other arm. I think it could be really cute and could work. You know, for those days you feel like just wearing sleeves.

Okay, enough knitting...

Kev is off to work. He's going to make calls today. Yesterday he was still getting his bearings, seeing as it was the first day back since training, and didn't do much as far as contacting leads and such. Today, he's ready and wanting to get started. This makes me happy. I hope he does as well as I think he will...I'm sure he will.

I am hoping to get the first half of the day tomorrow to work from home. Charles said he'd come open for me so I could build the ad that is due tomorrow (well, I am turning it in tomorrow since it's due on Monday). I need to get the "YES" that he will for sure open though. I hope it won't be a problem. I will speak with Ahmed today. Speaking of whom, I need to call him and remind him he has an interview this morning at 10:30. I am hoping we find someone to work the outlet so that I can get full Thursdays to work away from the shop. We have stuff to get on the site as well as pictures I need to change there. I want to start changing the images for the brand we carry the most of (Dansko) so that when you click the picture, it gets bigger...

Okay, must go gather my things to head in.

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

i still want some socks.

and hey, soooo cooh to hear how excited you are for Kev. wifee has put up with my crap for years in my search for the right job/career/grown up stuff.

sounds silly, but that support you give him likely inspires him to drive harder, accomplish more, and not "bring home the bacon," (although that's alway nice) but to FEEL like he's contributing to a bigger picture.

very cooh that we both have that. Kev's a lucky dood.

oh yeah, and I still want some socks.

~! B

shannon said...

B- you don't get socks until I have socks of my own! And I'm not planning on making socks just yet. :P

Thanks for your words of support. I feel as though by being enthusiastic it does help Kev feel good about himself (as he should). He really seems to be excited about this job and I just hope that excitement continues as he gets into the job a bit more...