Wednesday, May 31, 2006

and the rains keep coming back

time? 5:31 pm

antsy? YES!

I'm waiting ever so UNpatiently for the last 28 (another minute ticked away since I started this post) minutes to pass. I then get to get on a bus, travel to the southeast part of town where I am practicing yoga with the ever lovelies, Jill and Diana. I have my bag all ready to go, I just have to lock up, ring out and GO GO GO. Me, ready to practice yoga? You think?

Oh! Another minute has gone by...

And, it's started raining. I am okay with this because the tomato starts I planted on Monday need some rain water, but I just hope they don't end up drowning the rest of this week. The yard also needed some watering because we added more seed. The routine has been, pull some weeds, add some seeds. It seems to be working and the front lawn is looking more and more lush and green. Kev mentioned he wished he'd ripped up the whole front lawn, instead of just half of it that was really quite hideous. Ah well, live and learn.

I wish we'd have gotten done with all the bramble killing before the rains came back though. Dammit. It's one of those things where I'm happy it's raining because then I don't have to pay to water my lawn, BUT I'm sad because there are a few more hours of laborious yard work that NEED to happen soon. Actually, there are more like DAYS of laborious yard work that remain. This will be the year of the patio. We will make our yard an inviting, awe inspiring place for our friends to visit and hang out in. It WILL be a labor of love...

oh, and for those of you wondering, I now have 22 minutes left of my day at work.

1 comment:

Jack K. said...

It's good to know you really like your position, or is it a job?

Cheer up. The plants will survive.

The grass will grow.

The brambles will multiply.

The patio will get built.

Love ya,

Dad