Monday, May 29, 2006

headway made

we ran through the bramble and we ran through the bushes.

we ran (can't remember the lyrics here) where a rabbit couldn't go...

We got so much accomplished today! We took Josie to the dog park where she played with Dexter, some labradoodle. We then went to Fred Meyers and got three large teracotta pots and came home to do yard work. Kev mowed while I planted our tomatoes in the pots. We had to do them out front and the soil there is soooo bad that we opted to plant them in containers. Jenn, my dear friend who gave me the starts, said that tomatoes can do well in containers. I laid about an inch and a half of tiny pebbles in the bottom to ensure proper drainage and then used a nice top soil/potting mix.

Then we moved to the backyard. Kev mowed it while I ran to the good ol store to get yard debris bags and gloves. We had gotten some amazing ones from my parents a few Xmas's ago, but they are somewhere in our front "storage" closet and well, they can't be found at the moment.

We attacked the bramble vine with a vengeance! We chopped the wood into smaller pieces (perhaps some of you remember the wood pile we made after we chopped down part of our cherry tree...ummm, about two years ago?). Yeah, we're a little on the slow side. Not any longer though. We made HUGE headway into that project and then we decided we had run out of steam and since we have a party we are heading to shortly, we figured we'd clean up, make potato salad and rest a bit...

Speaking of the taters. The timer is a dingin'!

4 comments:

Jack K. said...

I hope you will post some photos of the results of your back yard clean up.

YOU CAN'T FIND THE GLOVES? I am so upset. ROTFLMAO.

Glad to know you were finally able to get to the work you have been wanting to do.

Love ya.

Dad

Jack K. said...

Eureka! I found it.

Yeah they ran through the briars and they ran through the brambles And they ran through the bushes where a rabbit couldn't go.

It comes from the Battle of New Orleans.

Do I get chocolate chip cookies for finding it?

If so, I think bronxbt might have some, unless they got lost in the mail.

ROTFLMAO. (Join me -b.)

shannon said...

Thanks Dad! I wasn't sure if I had the right words or not, except for the brambles part. And it felt like brambles yesterday!

Now I will have that song in my head for weeks! :)

Or at least everytime we go back to that spot in the yard. I will show pics at some point, but not yet.

bronxbt said...

OMGOODNESS JACK YOU ARE SO MEAN.

we are sooo broke up.

no laughing here... I'm still confoozed and irritated at the whole mail snaffu thing...

damnit.
whimper

oh, and hi shanny