Tuesday, May 23, 2006

it's all about the friends

I have been emailing with my dear knit guru today. She's indicated that she WILL be picking me up and driving me home tonight. Not taking no for an answer. I can't tell you all how much this really takes off my mind. I was worried of my bus running late, or a customer sticking around way longer than they should (with them though, I'd be all about saying "hey, um we closed at 6:00 and I have a bus to catch and a ton of people coming to my house at 7:00"). I imagined that I'd arrive home to friends crowding on my porch trying to stay dry while Josie barked at them all through the door. Stressing everyone out. But that will not be. My dear Guru will be taking the bus home, picking up her car and what nibblies she's bringing, feeding her cats and coming to pick me up. I love her.

With Kev being gone it's been quiet. I have decided that quiet, too much quiet, isn't all that good. Sure, I can put music on and create noise, but...the stillness that is in the house when it's just me and the critters is off. I long to hear his giggle as he's looking at something online (at the Ween forum). I wish that when I wake in the middle of the night it was because he was just coming to bed, rather than who knows why. Only a few more days and he'll be home.

5 comments:

bronxbt said...

i hate it when wifee is away.
i hate it more when i realize how much i need her around.

does that make sense? it's so hard to depend on someone. it's so hard to realize once they're not around that you need them there so much.

thank you, shanny.. thanks for your comments on my site, for reaching out thru bloggerville and sending huggins'... and thanks for taking the chance to get to know me.

i DO hope one day we can all get together. Portlands not that far away from the emerald city... so we hafta make this work someday.

josie and maddie would get along fer sure.. would all of us? giggle.

Maybe we can time it for a few hours if Jack and yer mum visit, eh?

giggle
hugs back to you

Chickie said...

I know what you mean about too much quiet not being good. When Sweety's away, I like it for about 2 days and I can't sleep for crap when he's gone either. I'll pile the dogs in one of the kids' beds (it's a twin size) so we can all snuggle and sleep.

Jack K. said...

Having the one you love someplace else, whether they had to go or you do, is a bummer. I know how it feels when I am gone for only three days.

I also feel sadness whenever the kids come home and I am taking them back to the airport.

The one really important thing is knowing that we will be together again at sometime.

Love to you all.

Jack K. said...

Btw, -b, we would love to visit with you and yours. Who knows we just may have to plan a trip to the Northwest.

Besides, perhaps we will be able to ressurect the cookies.

Jack K. said...

There was supposed to be a big LMAO with that last comment, -b.

and another LMAO for good measure.

Talk about amusing word verifications, how about this one?

dylido