Thursday, May 25, 2006

friday, the day after today!

The calm of my yoga practice brought quite a bit to me last night. I've not been sleeping all that well since Kev's been out of town, but then again, that's not new. I have never slept well when he's not home. Last night was different. After our practice, I took Jill home and headed home myself. I had a wonderful conversation with Kev and he even got to talk to Josie. I put him on speaker phone. She really didn't react all that much, other than to lick my hand as it was holding the phone lower for her to hear.

He's having a good time. Everyone else had gone drinking and watching the season finale of Lost. He opted to stay at the hotel and read up on his studies. He's enjoying himself, but he's ready to get home. I'm ready for him to get home too.

Tonight's plans are simple, go to the Home Depot and buy large pots to plant my three tomato starts. Also, must get dirt. I will then come home and take Josie outside with me (if it's not raining) and have a planting fest. If it's raining I still need to get them into the dirt so I will leave Josie inside and do it myself.

Friday I am meeting one of my reps for dinner. We've not had a chance to play catch up, since it was just the busy season for her. We'll chat, eat, and enjoy each others company. I will then swing home to get Josie and then we'll be off to the airport. I will suggest to Cindy that I go ahead and drive us, since I really do have to come back to the house to get the diggity dawg. It wouldn't be a trip to the airport without my side kick!

And you know what, Friday...THAT'S TOMORROW!

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

i agree with all you say about when loved one is gone... tough on you fer sure.

i also wholeheartedly agree about sidekicks! maddie looooves going anywhere with me in the car, and I admit I don't take her many places as often as I should.

her fav is when she can sit in the front of my SUV and jes hang her head out the window. it's all the way down... she's sitting upright, but her head jes hangs down the side of the car... (maybe he likes the vibrations of the car?)

it's quite funny, but she jes' wants to be with me. that's what counts.

hugs to you and to a safe return of your Kev

b

Jack K. said...

I got an email from Kev. I will answer it ASAP. He seems to be working hard to succeed. I always knew he had that kind of makeup. Not a perfectionist, but an achiever. What a great guy.