Saturday, May 06, 2006

the best kind of flowers


I got an email today from my mother. She said that our irises had bloomed, right on schedule. I guess prior to our wedding the white irises hadn't bloomed so early. But on our wedding day six years ago they bloomed with quite a spectacular show. Ever since then, they are always blooming on our anniversary.

Dad then sent me pictures of our irises. I promptly put the picture as my desktop photo at work so I could enjoy the view. I share them with you...

4 comments:

PlazaJen said...

Happy Anniversary! What a nice display of nature to help you celebrate, even if it's afar.
Treasure every moment.

shannon said...

Jen- Thank you. I do just that (treasure every moment). I am thankful Dad sent me the photos this morning. They made me smile.

Adrianne said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you two have a wonderful day (or had as this is written at the end of the day). Here's to many more anniversaries to come.

Jack K. said...

You are welcome.