Friday, May 05, 2006

cinco de mayo

Yeah for me Cinco de Mayo is a lovely day. It is the day before my anniversary. This year Kev and I mark our 6th year together as a married couple (in real time we've actually been together for almost 10! years). I look back each year and think of all we have done together, what we've been through, the craziness I make him deal with and the video games I get to listen to. Every year brings about the same thought. And that thought is this:

I am truly lucky. I am married to an amazing person. He treats me with respect, yet knows when to give me shit. He laughs at me, but in the good way where I'm laughing with him. He knows when I need him to be tender (shut up fellas) but he also knows when I need him to be my knight in shining armor. Six years. Where did the time go? We often wonder that aloud to each other.

The 6th anniversary gift is iron. I have gotten him a pair of Teva hiking sandals (no, not made of iron, but will wear like iron!). I don't really expect anything in return and who knows, he may just surprise me (especially since I will wrap his sandals and leave them in plain sight so he can see it when he gets home...how's that for subtle?).

Oh and Mom and Dad...LOVE the iron iron. :) I had a good laugh. Sorry, I opened it already! It's one of Grandma's old ones, isn't it? I love it!

So, happy Cinco de Mayo. If you celebrate, be safe. And tomorrow, raise a glass to six years of wedded bliss. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending wishes for nothing but the best on this, your special day of days! And.....continued love and sunshine for all the days of your lives! Hugs, Ginny (Bob,Suzy & Georgie tooooo)

Jack K. said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

If memory serves me right, we were all very busy about this time six years ago. Decorating and things, like keeping secrets about ironing, etc.

Keep up the good works. Marriage is one of those wonderful institutions that does require work if you want it to be fun, too.

Love you both,

Dad and Mom

bronxbt said...

wowsers. 6 years, eh? good on you two!

wifee and i are to celebrate our 8th in august. that will also make our years together 10! how cooh is that?

congrats. it's tough work. i know i'm tough as hell to be around. of course sheeee's an angelllllll.

really.
giggle...