Monday, April 10, 2006

sick of being sick

Saturday night we headed out to see our friends new house, about 45 minutes away. We had a lovely evening and all three of the dogs behaved quite well (yep, Josie got to go with). On our drive home I noticed that my sinuses were a bit off and I was feeling a little tickle in my throat.

I've not been out of bed for more than 20 minutes since that night. I'm achy and hot and cold and feeling like a mac truck has rolled over me many, many times.

I've called off of work for tomorrow already, but am planning on being back there on Wednesday. You know, it sucks being sick. You can't go to knit parties, get work done on your tattoo, sit up for more than 20 minutes at a time...ugh.

3 comments:

Adrianne said...

I hope you get to feling better soon. Being sick is not fun at all. Hot tea with honey and lemon, good for the sinuses and the throat.

Jack K. said...

Another home remedy. Gargle with warm salt water. Drink plenty of water and other clear liquids. Get plenty of rest.

You will know when you are feeling better when you want a soft boiled egg on toast. Yum. Yum. Yum.

Get well quickly. That's an order from dear, old dad.

Love you.

bronxbt said...

those suggestions are ALLLL well and good, but the russian method is way better.

Vodka. Tons of it. guaranteed to kill damned near every nastie in yer body.

and hey, much more fun than gargling salt water.

get better soon!
;)