Friday, April 07, 2006

the reflective qualities of glass

I love working downtown. There are funny people to watch at just about any given time. Take, for instance, Mr. Gel (hair so done it seems as though there is no getting it to move, even with the strongest water pressure). He just walked in front of my store. Looked to his left, into the glass windows of the shop. Proceeded to suck in his gut and give himself the thumbs up look. Yeah, does Mr. Gel not think that windows are WINDOWS? I mean, really, does he not see me seeing him looking at himself with those come hither eyes? I can guarantee he did not look at me like that, because I'm sitting behind the counter and he had already walked past me.

Don't say, "he probably didn't see you sitting there..." They sometimes do see me looking at them and will either smile big or look embarassed.

People do this type of preening in my window all the time. Women and men will walk by, look at themselves in the reflection in the window and fluff hair, pick crap out of their teeth, and now, suck in their guts. I'm willing to bet that as soon as Mr. Gel walked on by, the gut relaxed again and he'll have to do it all over when he sees himself in the next big picture window he passes.

heh.

No comments: