Monday, April 17, 2006

random bits and bobs

Well, got word from my boss's wife that Maddie seems to be doing a bit better. She'll be going to the vets during the day and then home at night for the week so that the doctors can figure out exactly what is going on. I have no clue, other than it appeared she was going through kidney failure. For a dog of 8 months old it is odd. We'll see what they end up figuring out. Thanks for the vibes and thoughts!

I am sitting here waiting to go catch the bus. On a Monday. Chas has jury duty and I'm the only person who could cover. I asked him if he was turned down if he was planning on coming to work and got the following response, "Oh, um, well, I could come say hi to you." Yeah, I was thinking that as you were saying hi to me you could say hi to customers as they came in the shop as I left...

I know he just covered a half day for me while I was sick, but...since he didn't offer to switch days, I would just as soon have him come in if he's not selected to finish the rest of his normal day. Yeah, I'm a bitch and am ungrateful. Sue me.

Poor Josie hasn't been out on a real hike in quite some time. What am I saying? Poor US!!! All three of us. I don't think we'd go huge hike today, even if I wasn't working, but we'd get her out for sure! She's just about to bust out of her skin she's got so much energy. I am hoping that if I don't get to go home today at an early time that Kev will take her somewhere after he is done with whatever he is doing today at 11:00.

I finished yet another knitting project. No pics yet. It's a small, short, thin pink springtime scarf. For those days that you are chilled, but don't want to put on a sweater or your winter scarf. It's kind of like a necklace. I've had it on since I finished it last night. Now I've got some super secret project I'm working on. :) I can't wait to be done with it (I hope it works when all is said and done).

Okay, no more.

2 comments:

Jack K. said...

Consider yourself served with papers to appear in court. lol.

Glad to know you are feeling better and glad to hear that Maddie is getting better. Not much worse than a loving pet feeling bad, unless it is family member or other human.

bronxbt said...

two maddie's getting better! woot woot!
(anda woof woof too!)

Cool to hear about supersecretsquirrel projects involving knittigoodness...

Enjoy your monday shift... not the end of the world, and Josie strikes me as very forgiving...

B