Wednesday, April 05, 2006

please, don't break the glass

I'm sitting here calmly at work. All of a sudden I hear this guy freaking out about someone being "effing dead" (although he used the real words). A larger girl grabbed ahold of him and wouldn't let him go, until a thin male friend came to help her. Now they are leaning against the window (which I am praying does not break).

Move along kids...just called Clean and Safe. Joy. I didn't ask them to send anyone, as they have started to calm down and are trying to move on. Again, joy...

I love working downtown, however it seems that there are more and more street kids making downtown not quite as welcoming as it once was. This makes me sad because I really love that downtown Portland has visitors feeling like they are not in a huge, overwhelming city (this goes for my own feelings as well). Now, I just keep an eye on those kids, as they really haven't moved along as far or as fast as I'd like them to.

3 comments:

Persico said...

It's kind of like the day at work when this ghetto guy pushes a little wannabe thug girl against the brick of my shop. I hear, "But baby, I love you. Come on boo. I love you. Dat other girl didn't mean nothin." From there he'd try to shove his hand up her shirt. She'd smack him and he'd repeat the aforementioned.

It was like a train wreck, and I could not look way, nor stop laughing.

It was the saddest most pathetic thing ever.

(Sorry about leaving a million of my work stories, just seems that there are a lot of similar things.)

shannon said...

No apologies necessary, Shari. Glad to know I'm not the only person who gets to watch humanity at its best...ugh.

Jack K. said...

Life is a Cabaret!