Wednesday, April 05, 2006

diggity dog listener

So I've noticed lately that Josie (the diggity dawg) is avoiding her fish oil pills we give her with breakfast and dinner.

I think I'm going to listen to her and stop giving them to her for a while. I mean, what if (and this is out on a limb here) what if she has developed an allergy to them? These are a different brand than the ones we used to get (and can't find at Cost Co anymore).

The reason I say "listen to her" is because I've not in the past and have ended up cleaning up a mess in the end. You see, she didn't want to eat dinner. I tempted her into it, hand feeding her whole dinner to her. Well, you get the picture.

Just thinking on it.

4 comments:

bronxbt said...

shanny

listening to your pets is the most important thing you CAN do.

they don't talk... well, duh but they do communicate. yowls, purrs, barks, yips, eyes, lil' nose wiggles, quietness, panting, whisker twitching... all these signs are things to watch and listen for when you friend is possibly in need.

or simply trying to tell you something.

my puppers, Maddie, goes into the vet today. 10 day checkup thing. i'm very happy to say that her paw/ middle index finger seems to be 100% normal size, and she's no longer babying her foot. frankly, i think she loved being on puppy crack painkillers and antibiotics for 10 days. she's never been sweeter... (giggle)

listen to your pets. they have a lot to say. if you change dosage of something or omit completely - watch and listen harder for at least 2-3 days. dogs especially take much longer than 24 hours to begin to show symptoms or regressive bahaviour...

my best,
B

Anonymous said...

Fish oil pills are disgusting. I hate when I'm told to take them, because after I take one, everytime I burp during the day, it tastes like I've eat a tuna sandwich.

Jack K. said...

Pay attention to the animal. It takes some time, but you can soon decipher what they are trying to tell you.

-b, you have hit the nail on the head with your comments. I couldn't agree more. Good to learn that Maddie is on the mend. I was worried about her, but knew you would be on top of things. Puppy crack painkillers? Tee Hee.

Bekah, you may have to keep some celery sticks with mayonaisse on them handy. Sweet pickles would be nice to. lol.

Jack K. said...

Oops, Bekah, I meant too.