Tuesday, April 04, 2006

keep yer fingers crossed

Spring is definitely on its way! The sun is peaking out right now, but I'm sure it will make way for drizzle. Drizzle is what we need. Yesterday I was content. I was sitting on the sofa in the living room, soaking up a few of the rays that were still out (after the drizzle had let up). I was knitting up a storm. This scarf, going to be gorgeous!!! It's really doing beautiful things (I'll get pictures up as soon as it is done, which should be in the next day or so...hopefully).

Kev had been playing Tetris on his DS and then he decided it was time to work on the front lawn. I asked if he wanted help, he said that he was fine if I wanted to continue knitting (yea!). After he'd been out there for a while I figured I'd see how he was doing. Yeah, that ended up with a trip to the Home Deephole to get lawn seed and peat moss (among other goodies). We have now laid down good dirt, seed and peat moss. We over-seeded with the hopes of getting a really lush lawn.

There is a house up the street that Kev is envious of. Their lawn is spectacular. I keep telling him if he sees the guy (or gal) out working, he should totally go talk with them. Same area, same dirt. It'd be nice to see what they did to make their plot so much prettier than everyone else's. :)

See, that's just how exciting our world is these days. Whole lot of knitting (yes Russ, it sucks for you all who could not give a care about knitting, but it is MY blog). Whole lot of DS playing (I'm sooooo not writing about it unless it's me playing it). And after yesterday, a whole lot of yard word (which was riveting, no?).

So those are the words I choose to write today. Nothing thrilling, but it clues you into what we did this weekend.

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

wifee just bought me WORMS for the DS. now, it's her game unit thingee, ( i prefer my PSP ) but omgoodness is it a funny game...

highly recommended.
besides, tetris is so 1980.

giggle

shannon said...

What-evah. Tetris is THE BOMB! It's one of the few games I am really really good at (not that I play all that often, but before I knew how to knit, I'd play on airplane trips...cuz I take so many of those). la!