Wednesday, April 26, 2006

and the training continues and other randomness

So I am still training our newest employee. She's doing really well and slowly picking up the fact that since we don't work commission sales (yipee!) she doesn't have to pounce on people as they enter the store. A simple "Hello!" from across the store works. We packed her brain with much information yesterday and will do so again today. I'm pretty excited about her enthusiasm about the store.

In other news...crap, don't really have any other news to share. Kev had his buddies Chuck and Jason over last night to watch playoff basketball. I knit (oh the horror!) and hung out with them for a while before retiring to the bedroom to read Real Simple. I miss that magazine, but I don't know if I miss it enough to resubscribe to it again. I was given a little thrill when I saw one of their helpful hints was already something I do. You totally want to know what that hint is now, don't you?

The folks at RS will offer up "Double-Duty Household Items" as a regular feature. They take things that are really used for other purposes around your house and give you suggestions of how you can repurpose them. The one which I do is use the magnetic clip as a recipe holder. I stick it to my stove hood so that the recipe card is always at eye level and not getting all schmutzed up (although secretly I love it when recipes show their age and use). One tip I thought I would probably use was color coding my keys with fingernail polish. My work key and house key both fit into each others locks (risque!). They look identical, both gold in color, etc. So this would really help me stop trying to use my house key at work and vice versa.

I'm also intrigued by the detergent packets. "Cot'n Wash Dropps are dissolvable, organic and premeasured for both standard and high-efficiency machines." I like the thought of less waste (those plastic bottles that the detergent comes in are really hard to clean out for recycling) as well as less heft to have to lug home from the grocery store. You order these bad boys online and boom, they show up. The only draw back, the cost per load. The are $10.50 for only 20 loads worth...

In this particular issue several women over 100 years old were interviewed. They offered their advice to a good life. One woman said in her list "dogs deserve to be spoiled." I think I'm in love...

2 comments:

bronxbt said...

funny you say you have nothing to say, then you write a lot. good sign of a brain that's always working, always thinking, always on.

i'm trudging thru large cups of nothingness right now. got nothing to say, and barely the energy to write/say it...

so... meh.
hope yer well tho. Good to see yer dad and you are having fun using my blog as a bulletin board!

(kidding)

Jack K. said...

-b, at least you have sufficient energy and wit to make comments to the blogs of others. (No kidding.) It also gives us something to comment about.

S, you're lucky to have a metal stove hood to attach your recipes. Great idea with the magnets.

We finally figured out which plant Hazel has been chewing on. We thought she had stopped doing that until last week when she began leaving evidence around the house along with hair balls. What a mess.

You gotta love 'em.